Since 1999, Diversity Richmond has contributed more than $1.1 million in community grants, free meeting and storage space, use of our event hall, help with homelessness, rent, and food.
It's only through community support that we can do this work. Here are a few ways we serve the LGBTQ+ community:
- Diversity Thrift shares clothing vouchers with people needing shirts, pants and shoes
- We help LGBTQ+ people avoid homelessness by assisting with rent and utility bills
- We provide meeting space for twelve-step programs and transgender support groups
- We loaned our event hall to the Henrico-Richmond Health Districts and Virginia Department of Health for free Covid-19 testing and vaccinations
- We hosted a 15-week Latino Entrepreneurship Academy for members of the Hispanic community to learn about business management
- We hosted a Richmond City Council review board on police accountability on issues related to the LGBTQ community
- We streamed our virtual 5th annual Black And Bold Awards in partnership with Radio One for our largest audience ever
- We fed over 2,300 local families with a week's supply of groceries
- We hosted a free Thanksgiving meal for the community
- We're hosting a free Transgender holiday meal this month
- We continued the South’s only art gallery whose sole mission is to support LGBTQ artists.
We are also pleased to continue our grants program this year, offering $80,000 to deserving nonprofits.
Thank you for your support. May your holiday season and 2022 be safe and healthy.