Diversity Richmond is pleased to announce our annual Black & Bold Awards on February 28, 2020 at the University of Richmond. Please save the date as more information will be made public in the coming weeks.
The Black & Bold Awards is an annual celebration to commemorate everyday people working in the LGBTQ+ community. This recognition is critical to create more awareness about the contributions of Black LGBTQ+ individuals and allies throughout Virginia. We invite you to nominate individuals who have displayed exemplary leadership as advocates for the LGBTQ+ community. Nominations should be emailed to Programming Coordinator, Evan Smith (), by January 10, 2020. We encourage you to use the prompts below as a loose guide for your written nomination narrative.
What did the nominee do to be worthy of consideration and what were the results?
- Projects/activities the nominee led or worked on
- Stories that show the tangible impact of the nominees work
- Specific benefits/tangible outcomes from their work
How did the nominee achieve their goals (leadership, teamwork, creativity, work ethic etc.)?
- Stories that show the character of the nominee
- Any challenges or issues encountered and overcome