The Iridian Gallery Internships are part-time (7-12 hrs./week) and unpaid, but can qualify for school credit depending on the candidate’s department.
The ideal candidate is currently earning a BA or BFA or has recently earned a BA or BFA, is a motivated, self-starter, and has a passion for supporting Contemporary art and LGBTQIA inclusiveness in the Richmond arts community.
Interns receive hands-on experience and resume-building skills in all aspects of The Iridian Gallery’s operations, including:
- installation and de-installation of exhibitions and artist relations
- gallery openings and receptions and event planning
- educational programs, tours, and gallery sitting
- fundraising, PR, and marketing
- archival documentation projects of exhibitions/artists/gallery history
- non-profit gallery administration
The Iridian Gallery internships last approximately 5 months and typically follow college semesters - Spring (Jan. - May), Summer (May - Sept.), and Fall (Sept. - Jan.).
Please let us know how you learned about The Iridian Gallery.