Iridian Gallery Open Call for Artists, Curators, And All Around Great Ideas
Iridian Gallery has an open submission policy for art shows. We accept proposals via email at all times. The Iridian Gallery Committee Members typically meet twice a year to choose shows. February and August are the Exhibition committee meeting dates, although the Exhibition Committee may choose to meet at other times as need arises. After proposals are reviewed all entrants, chosen or not, will be contacted by the end of those meeting months. The Iridian Gallery at Diversity Richmond is currently accepting proposals for 2017 and beyond.
Send proposals and Questions to:
The Iridian Gallery at Diversity Richmond is committed to fostering lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer+ artists and their community by exhibiting their art as well as work that relates to their experience.
1. Up to 10 images of your work. The images should ideally represent the actual work selected for the exhibition. If this is impossible, the images should represent works that are comparable to those that will be featured in the exhibition.
These images should be JPGS, no larger than 1024 x 768, 72dpi, preferably under 1MB.
They MUST be named in this format:
2. If applicable send videos of specific works which will be included in the exhibition. Videos should be shared via Dropbox or other ftp service. Please do not email videos.
3. A one-page statement describing the concept of the exhibition. The file should be a PDF, RTF, or Word document.
4. An image list providing an inventory of the images submitted. Include number, artist name, title, year, medium, and dimensions. Again, make it PDF, RTF, or Word document.
5. Your resume and the resumes of any prospective collaborators.
Proposals that are incomplete or fail to meet the above requirements may not be submitted to the jury.